Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Pore Face

I've been hearing about more and more cases of Melanoma lately and decided it was time to see the Dermatologist. I have a few moles, to say the least, and have had some removed in the past so I wanted to make sure everything still looked okay. As I patiently waited for the doctor and decked out in my paper tablecloth, the Nurse Practitioner enters and introduces herself. She then says, "Are you here to see about your acne?". To which I reply, "Well, we can talk about that, but I'm really here to have my moles checked." HA! Normally I would have been offended, but instead found it hilarious for some reason. After my photo shoot which documented my skin for future comparison, I was sent on my way with a prescription for one of the two medicines I happen to be allergic to. Wow. "Umm, is there anything else I can take, since this one makes me violently ill?"
I just shook my head walking out thinking, "this is going to be some kind of day." My dear friend commented, "Only you, Abby." You Know What? At least I am starting to laugh at myself and not be so sensitive. My pore face.

3 comments:

Pam Archer said...

This is funny, but your skin looks great! Acne? What are you talking about?

Sandy said...

dang abby!! i'm sorry that happened to you. i guess i would have been offended, but having had my own recent interaction with a dermatologist for melanoma search, i have to say - it's hard to be very assertive when dressed in a paper dress! lol

Debra Stokes said...

I'm so glad you included a photo with this post, because it shows what a beautiful face it is!!!!! Your smile covers any blemishes you might have - I couldn't detect a single one!