Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Holidays? No thanks.

For years I have heard the dueling "Happy Holidays" and "Jesus is the reason for the season", but for some reason it really struck a chord with me this Christmas. All of a sudden I am so fed up with politically correct and have been so convicted of leaving our Lord and Savior behind. It makes no sense that we go through all the stresses of what Christmas has become and refuse to even acknowledge what started it all in the first place. If someone is Jewish and wants to wish me Happy Hannukah, so be it...I'll wish them a Merry Christmas because without it, my whole reason for living would be shaken. I will not apologize for wishing that others would know and celebrate Jesus Christ.
I went into this year with a little different perspective because some of the traditions my family had were going to change. As it got closer, I was humbled when I was reminded that all I needed to "stress" and worry about was if my heart was worshipping my Lord for coming to this earth for ME. Overall I hold on to too much in this world without regard for what holds eternal significance for me. So as we face another year, I pray that my heart would be ever changing so that every day might include me celebrating Christmas.  

No comments: